2a categoria, anglès.

Autor/a: Verónica Pino
Peggy

Peggy have always lived in a big house in the middle of nature. My family has always had animals: cats, dogs, chickens, horses But never a pig, so I wanted a pig when I was nine. I wanted a small pig not very noisy, with big ears and a short tail. I was thinking names from my future pig: if was female, Peggy and if was male, Porky.

It was my birthday and I received the best gift you could imagine a friendly minipig. Because it was female I named her Peggy. We spent all day together. I always played with her and bought things: toys, prizes, costumes... We did photo sessions and made her play with the dogs. 

Years went by and I loved her very much but didn't spend many time with her. It was a normal pet that you salute when you see it and that you play when you are bored. One day I got tired after school and my parents gave me the news that left me frozen: they wanted to sell Peggy. They told me that at the moment l wasn't spending any time and taking care of her as before and if it was a obligation, better to sell it. It left me very frozen. I loved my pork and who wanted my parents to sell it? In a sadistic slaughter and then sold my pig fact hamburger or bacon? I couldn't think about it!

Many days went by and my parents and l didn't talk about the future of Peggy.

One Saturday morning, my parents told me that I took my pig and go up to the car. We made a few kilometers to a small house in the forest. We got out of the car and we walked to the entrance. In the exact moment, the big door opened. From inside came a happy marriage behind what appeared his daughter. She was a girl about 8 years old, blonde and not very high. She was a special child, not only for her kindly smile but his leg was a mechanical prosthesis. 

Our parents were drinking coffee while talking and we were playing with Peggy. While we were playing, the girl looked very happy with the pork. She send Peggy some hugs, kisses, tickles…

We spent a few hours in the house. I knew the cause for that visit, of course, my parents wanted that I give my pig to that family. Finally, after much thinking about it, decided to give to this girl my loved Peggy. When I said it was for her, she went running to her parents to tell it. You could see the happiness on her face. Now Peggy is entertained; it's time to make happy another girl. 




Editors: Gerard Paradeda i Aida Grau

Comentaris